Wild dogs, which include feral domestic dogs, dingoes and their hybrids, are a major problem in Australia because they cause an estimated $66.3 million damage to our economy, primarily through predation of livestock. Wild dogs and can also adversely affect native animals, especially threatened wildlife if not properly managed. WildDogScan is a free mapping service that you can use to help with wild dog control in your local area.
How can you use WildDogScan?
- Record and view all your records of wild dogs, their damage and control activities all in the one place!
- Upload your photos of wild dogs and their activity and view them in the photo gallery
- Use the data from your local area to create and print a map
- Talk with your neighbours and compare your results
- Identify the priority areas for control on your property and in your local area
- Link with local groups and coordinate your resources
- Find out who may be able to help you with wild dog management
- Monitor the effects of control programs and prove their effectiveness
- Review your data to see changes over time
- Inform your community about wild dog problems.
Whether you are a landholder, landcare or community group or local council, WildDogScan can help you map wild dogs, access resources, connect with other people, and find out about available support. Join WildDogScan to map wild dogs in your local area and help build information about wild dogs across your region.
You can help by recording:
Wild dogs maul and kill sheep, cattle, goats, domestic pets and native wildlife. Photo source: unknown